The Appeals Board hears and determines all zoning appeals, basing its decisions on what will promote the health, security, morals, and general welfare of the community. The board has these general goals:
- it prevents the overcrowding of land
- avoids undue concentration of population
- provides adequate light and air
- secures safety from fire, panic, and other dangers
- reduces congestion in the streets
- helps for adequate transportation, water, sewers, schools, parks, and other public services.