Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore Running Festival (revised)
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the temporary road closures and parking restrictions in effect for the 13th annual Baltimore Running Festival, which will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2013 starting at 8:00 a.m.
The 26.2 mile course will begin at Paca and Camden Streets. In conjunction with the marathon, the Carefirst BlueCross BlueShield Half-Marathon will also be held, along with the ShopRite 5K Race, the Legg Mason Team Relay and the Transamerica Kids Fun Run. Approximately 26,000 people are expected to participate in this year’s event.
In preparation for the festival, various parking restrictions, road closures and lane closures will be implemented along the race routes. During the marathon, temporary traffic stops may be implemented for the safety of participants. Commuters may encounter delays and should exercise patience while driving. Motorists should also pay close attention to posted parking restrictions, as vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Citizens with questions concerning the location of their vehicles should call 311.
The following parking restrictions will be implemented on Saturday, October 12, 2013:
- Linwood Avenue from Eastern Avenue to Fayette Street 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Eastern Avenue (north side) from Linwood to Patterson Park Avenues 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Boston Street (north side) from Aliceanna Street to Lakewood Avenue 2:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Lancaster Street from President Street to Caroline Street 4:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- E. 33rd Street from Hillen Road to Guilford Avenue 4:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Eutaw Street (west side) from Madison to Monument Streets 4:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Howard Street (west side) from 23rd to 28th Streets 4:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wyman Park Drive from Remington Avenue to Art Museum Drive 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Camden Street from Paca to Howard Streets 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- St. Paul Street (upper level) from Franklin to Saratoga Streets 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Baltimore Street (south side) from President Street to Patterson Park Avenue 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Key Highway (south side) from Battery Avenue to Covington Street 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Hamburg Street from Light to William Streets 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 noon
- Battery Avenue (east side) from Warren Avenue to Key Highway 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Fayette Street (south side) from Gay to Calvert Streets 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
The following streets will be closed to through traffic on Saturday, October 12, 2013:
- Paca Street from Pratt to Lombard Street 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Camden Street from Paca to Howard Streets 6:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street from Lee to Pratt Streets 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Eutaw Street from Pratt to Camden Streets 7:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street at Hamburg Street 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Hamburg Street Bridge from Russell to Leadenhall Streets 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Key Highway from Cross to Light Streets 8:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Light Street from Lombard Street to Key Highway 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Light Street from Cross to Hamburg Streets 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- William Street from Cross to Hamburg Streets 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The following streets will be impacted by the marathon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 with lane closures in effect:
- Paca Street from Lombard to McCulloh Streets 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- McCulloh Street from Paca Street to Gwynns Falls Parkway 8:10 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.
- Gwynns Falls Parkway from Beechwood Drive to Wyman Park Drive (in Druid Hill Park) 8:15 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- Wyman Park Drive from Remington Avenue to W. 28th Street 8:25 a.m. – 9:35 a.m.
- W. 28th Street from Howard to St. Paul Streets 8:30 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
- St. Paul Street from W. 28th to Light Streets 8:35 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
- Light Street from Hamburg Street to William Street to Warren Street to Battery Avenue to Key Highway 8:45 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
- Key Highway from Battery Avenue to Key Highway Extension to Tide Point 8:55 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Tide Point to Key Highway Extension to Key Highway to Light Street 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Light Street to Pratt Street to President Street to Lancaster Street 9:05 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Aliceanna Street from President to Boston Streets 9:10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Boston Street to Lakewood Avenue to O’Donnell St. to Linwood Avenue 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Linwood Avenue from O’Donnell Street to Madison Street 9:20 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- Madison Street from Linwood Avenue to Washington Street to St. Lo Drive 9:25 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- Harford Road from St. Lo Drive to 30th Street to Hillen Road 9:30 a.m. to 1:05 p.m.
- Hillen Road from Lake Montebello to E. 33rd Street to Guilford Avenue 9:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Guilford Avenue from E. 33rd to W. 29th Streets 9:50 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- W. 29th Street from Guilford Avenue to Howard Street 9:55 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Howard Street from W. 29th Street to Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Eutaw St. from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to finish at M&T Bank Stadium 10:10 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Please note that traffic along Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard will remain open in both directions during the race.