Dear Community Members-
With school starting in the coming weeks, the Department of Transportation would like to assure school administrators, parents, staff and community members that we are making every effort to assure safety and open lines of communication while this project is completed. We are working closely with the Project Manager, and will be monitoring traffic and pedestrian patterns throughout the project. We ask that pedestrians and motorist assist us by remaining alert in the project area. We ask that parents please obey parking restrictions as there will be strict enforcement. Please do not hesitate to contact us should concerns arise as the project is completed. Please be advised that the Department of Transportation will not have any lane closures around the school area during school drop off and pick up times.
Progress continues and the Project Manager advises that the contractor will be working on the following items over the next few weeks:
- Continue to work on BM and Gilman Driveways
- Continue with Signal work at BM and Gilman @ Northern Parkway
- Started Curb and Gutter work on Roland Starting from Cold Spring heading towards Northern Parkway. This is on the Median only at this time.
- Coordinating Lane Closures with DPW contract. DOT lane Closures will be between 9 to 2:30 around schools. And 9 to 3 in other areas.
Midasco ( Signal Contract)
- Starting Signal Work at Deepdene on Monday 8/18/14.
- The signal at Roland and Gilman will start the week of 9/01/14
- Lane Closure times will be 9 to 3. Except around School areas.
Currently the project is scheduled to be completed by Summer 2015 weather permitting, and barring no unforeseen circumstances. We thank community members in advance for your patience and cooperation as these improvements are completed.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at Kohl.Fallin@baltimorecity.gov or 443-984-4095 if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this project. Updates can also be found on the Baltimore City Department of Transportation website